- 30/11/2019 – CFP Colors and Cultures—couleurs et cultures October 16, 2019Place: Université de Haute-Alsace, Mulhouse (France), possibly also Basel (Switzerland) Date: 14-16 April 2020 Seeing colors is a sensory experience that goes beyond ocular perception. Color directly affects our mood, our communication, and our wellbeing. Color, in short, shapes our understanding of reality. Color can provoke unexpected behavior. When the Dutch football team played in […]Marco Antonio Loi
- 15/11/2019 – CFP Leiden Mayflower400 Conference October 15, 20192020 will mark the 400th anniversary of the Mayflower voyage to America in 1620. On board was the first group of “Pilgrims”, English religious dissenters who had for twelve years had found refuge in Leiden (1609-1620). To commemorate this event, the North American Studies program (LUCAS) and the Institute for History (IG) will organize a […]Marco Antonio Loi
- 31/10/2019 – CFG: Seminario di Letteratura Storia e Cultura Americana @ Centro Studi Americani 11-13 Novembre 2019 October 14, 2019Condividiamo il programma, il bando e il modulo di iscrizione relativi al prossimo Seminario di Letteratura Storia e Cultura Americana che si svolgerà presso il Centro Studi Americani di Roma dal 11-13 novembre 2019. Segnaliamo che il termine ultimo di iscrizione al seminario è stato posticipato. Vi preghiamo di far pervenire le vostre segnalazioni e i moduli […]Marco Antonio Loi
- Untitled October 11, 2019What, when & where The American Literature Association’s Annual Conference will meet at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, CA on May 21-24, 2020. The Nathaniel Hawthorne Society is issuing two CFPs for the conference: 1) Hawthorne and Neo-Aesthetics The editors of Aesthetics in a Multicultural Age wonder what aesthetics would look like in […]Admin_aisnagraduates
- 15/01/2020 – Terra foundation grants for American Art research October 10, 2019What, when & where Terra Foundation for American Art Research Travel Grants. The Research Travel Grants will be awarded annually, providing support to doctoral, postdoctoral, and senior scholars from both the US and outside the US for research topics dedicated to the art and visual culture of the United States prior to 1980. “We are […]Admin_aisnagraduates
- various deadlines – short & long fellowships at the American Antiquarian Society October 9, 2019What, when & where The American Antiquarian Society offers both short-term and long-term research fellowships, tenable for periods of one to twelve months during the period June 1, 2020 to May 31, 2021. The Hench Post-Dissertation Fellowship provides a scholar who is within three years of receiving a Ph.D. twelve months in residence to add […]Admin_aisnagraduates
- 15/11/19 – Post-doc scholarship on migration, Harvard. October 8, 2019What, when & where Fully Funded Harvard Scholarship on Migration Harvard University, a prestigious Ivy League university located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United states, is currently accepting applications for the Mahindra Humanities Center Postdoctoral Fellowship program for the 2020 to 2021 school year. The fellowship is funded through a partnership between the university’s Mahindra Humanities Center […]Admin_aisnagraduates
- 30/11/19 – 6 doctoral scholarships in North American Studies (all fields) October 8, 2019What, when & where The Graduate School of North American Studies (GSNAS) at Freie Universität Berlin invites applications for six doctoral grants with a funding period of three years (1,350 EUR per month, 2020-2023) as well as additional doctoral memberships for candidates who already obtained third-party funding (starting date: October 1, 2020). The prospective candidates […]Admin_aisnagraduates
- 31/10/19 – call for papers “Playing the Field,” October 7, 2019What, when & where Call for papers for the conference on American Studies and video games. The conference, entitled “Playing the Field,” will be held in at the Obama Institute for Transnational American Studies at Johannes Gutenberg-Univeristy in Mainz, Germany 20-23 May 2020. “Playing the Field” is an international conference and research initiative that considers […]Admin_aisnagraduates
- 31/12/2019 – CFP: Extrapolating Nostalgia October 4, 2019What, when & where Extrapolating Nostalgia: Special issue of Science Fiction Studies We invite papers on the role of nostalgia as a structure of feeling that animates speculative, utopian, and (post)apocalyptic texts across media. Although there has been increasing critical attention to the role of memory in these genres, nostalgia is a neglected topic. We seek […]Leonardo Nolè
L’aggiornamento costante dei Call for Papers attivi è curato dall’AISNA Graduate Forum, al quale va il ringraziamento del Direttivo.
Ai seguenti link è possibile consultare l’ultimo Call for Papers delle riviste RSAJournal e JAm It!